ODOR MEDIC’S SMELLY WASHER DIRECTIONS
You have a front-loading washer that has developed a moldy/musty/mildew odor that is affecting your clothes and nothing seems to fix it.
This problem is caused because the water does not get totally pumped out of the outer tub and sits in the bottom of the tub and in the front seals. Eventually a mildew type scum develops and causes the washer to stink and also impart the odor to clothes. Even though front loaders do use less water and energy, all of them have essentially the same design and therefore all will eventually develop this problem, especially if you live in a hot and humid part of the country.
Our product Odor Medicine O.F. (Organic Formula) Concentrate will eliminate the odor from your machine and can also be used to eliminate the smell from any items that have picked up the smelly washer odor. It is absolutely safe to use in your washer because it is non-toxic, biodegradable, and has a neutral pH. O.F. goes one step further than any other smelly washer product, because it will eliminate virtually any odor from clothes or any other surface. So if you have sweaty clothes, or the cat peed on your favorite bedspread, or you spilled perfume on a rug, Odor Medicine O.F. will fix it.
Because of the design of front load washers, the stinky washer problem is sometimes difficult to keep from redeveloping. But if you do start to notice the odor again just repeat the treatment.. Please keep in mind that these problems can differ significantly in the degree of severity, and that in some cases it may take additional treatments to neutralize the odor. In most applications the conditions that cause the odor are changed so that the odor source doesn’t regenerate. But because it is impossible in a washing machine to eliminate the moist conditions that nurture the growth of mold and mildew, it can begin growing again. The good news is that in most cases O.F. controls the odor for months, and if you keep the drain clear and the door open between washes, it may not ever redevelop.
So, how do you use our product? Below is a summary of the steps you should follow.
- Open up the drain usually behind a cover at the bottom/front of the washer and ensure that it is clear. These often get clogged up, and your instruction manual should tell you how to check it and clear it. Make sure that water is running out of the drain and then remember to reinstall the plug tightly.
- Take a strong solution of a household cleaner, such as Simple Green, 409, etc. and clean any scum off of the bottom of the thick door seals. Pull the rubber on the seal up to expose the inner grooves and clean all surfaces until 100% of the scum is gone. Be aware that at the bottom of the outer tub….where you cannot clean…much more of this same scum lurks, and that is what the O.F will attack
- Pour 8 oz. (1Cup) into a gallon container and then fill the gallon container up with clean luke warm water. Then be sure to mix it well.
- Take a sponge that is wet with the O.F. mixture and wipe the door seals you just cleaned being sure to get them good and wet.
- Pour the entire gallon into the washer and let it soak for 1 hour.
- Run a complete wash cycle. Set it for a MEDIUM LOAD and hot temperature.